I will be swimming for the 8 Mile Club this coming weekend. This entails swimming all 8 – 1 Mile events at Midmar. This will be the 6th time that I will swim for the club, and hopefully, if all goes well, I will have completed 52 Midmar Miles by midday, next Sunday.
Part of the initiative means that I am collecting funds for the Save the Rhino Foundation. I have collected funds in the past for various charities including a Children’s home. Here are my reasons for collecting funds for this initiative:
- It’s vital that we look after our wildlife. Many species have already been lost to us over the years. I want our children’s children to be able to see a rhino roam freely in the wild.
- Rhino poaching has a strong financial motivation behind it. It’s big business. You have a huge fight on your hands when you go up against money like that. This is a fight that will not end soon.
- The removal of the Rhino horn is cruel. I am not going to harp on about this or include disturbing photos. We have all seen them. Let’s rather focus on those that are still alive.
- I love animals. Loving them makes us more human. This planet can be both cruel and harsh. You can I can make it a far better place.
- Any amount will be appreciated.
So, please would you donate to this project. There are two ways that you can do so,
- Click on the link and donate via your credit card.
- You can do an EFT to SBR Sport. Use your name and 8 Mile in the reference and we will direct it on to the foundation.
ABSA Current Acc.
Branch Code 632005
Thanks so much for your help.
You can read more about the initiative here – kzn-rhino-antipoaching-initiatives-brochure.